Saturday, November 28, 2009

It's Getting Closer!!

We have a family tradition on Thanksgiving day to help Grandma & PopPop Rusch decorate their home with Christmas ornamentation- okay, so really it's Daddy and PopPop that haul in the Christmas tree and all the heavy boxes and Grandma and the kiddos do the fun decorating!


I was expecting Boston and Brooklyn to be really excited to see all the lights and santas and ornaments on the tree- but to my surprise, neither of them hardly noticed at all!
Brooklyn crawled right past the Christmas tree at least ten times and never noticed anything - Boston recognized a few pieces from last year, a small santa and elf in a sleigh being pulled by a reindeer, it's definitely his favorite to play with. He did however notice all the Santa Clause pieces- he calls them "ho-hos" and so far he's counted ten ho-hos around the house! There's even one on the front porch that he makes sure to say hello and goodbye to!


There is one stuffed Santa that sits up, I was able to get Brooklyn to sit by him for a picture without crying, but Boston didn't want anything to do with it except take it for a short ride on a stick horse! I did convince him to sit next to Brooklyn for a moment- maybe some day he'll get to see the real Santa Clause!


3 comments:

Karen Whyte said...

You're kids are so cute! I miss you guys. I'm glad that you made your blog un-private so I can see when you update it. Before I kept forgetting to look. Hope all is well for you.

Helen said...

Cute! Hope you have Happy Happy Holidays! Love and miss you!

Mandy said...

Karen- the picture of Brooklyn by herself next to the Santa reminds me of one of your pictures when you were younger with the look of awe for the camera- maybe you remember which one I'm referring to. I think we actually use to joke about your facial expression- still, you were a cutie :)

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com