Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Caught Red Handed

The kids and I were at my mom's house this morning- I've been sewing stockings for our family and was using her machine to embroider names. For the most part, Boston stayed in the living room watching a Christmas movie while Brooklyn and I spent time in the sewing room.

I had told Boston earlier to not touch any of the presents under grandma's tree- I really wasn't worried since he hardly notices the presents under our tree at home. However, grandma happened to have 'Thomas the Train' wrapping paper that caught his eye. At one point I went into the living room to check on him and found wrapping paper scattered all over the floor - and four boxes that at one point had been nicely wrapped (sorry Brooklyn & Alex).

Among my scolding, I told Boston that this was going to put him on the naughty list and HoHo (Santa) wouldn't bring him any presents - that made him pretty sad and he almost started crying. I felt so bad, I explained that we would just have to make some cookies for HoHo and he would like us again- that made him smile (I think it was more the thought of cookies that made the tears go away!)



Needless to say, the situation kind of put me in my place - I had to remember that my son is still just a little guy and he was only acting like any curious two-year-old would. This is one of those things where in the moment it's not funny... but only a couple hours later I find it hilarious :)

1 comments:

Karen Whyte said...

So cute! That little stinker. Those cookies better be good!

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com